Monday, July 16, 2012

Me and the World

I like taking pictures. I love taking pictures. I think the camera is one of the most superfluous, yet incredible inventions in the history of inventions. When you have a camera in your hands you are capable of freezing time into little things called pixels. Those pixels group themselves together to create an image that could last lifetimes. And even more nowadays where they can be stored in computers. But that's not the point. I want to take pictures that matter to the WHOLE, entire world. Like pictures of riots in Egypt. Of disasters like 9/11. Things that the population really care about and pictures that really interest them. 

It has been a long standing dream of mine to become a photographic journalist...that and learn how to ride a unicycle and play the ukelele.but that's beside the point. What i really want to say is that i think it would be perfectly marvelous to get paid to travel the world...even if it means having to deal with deadlines and such. I haven't really researched it much, so i may be wrong about how this sort of thing works. But we only live in this world for one lifetime and i want to see it. I want to smell the spices in Asia. Listen to the toll of Big Ben in Europe. Observe the Buffalo in the North American grasslands. 

I might change my mind someday. Might decide to go to college and become a teacher in Quebec for all i know. But for now, this is my dream.

1 comment: