Sunday, June 17, 2012

Peculiar Places: Libraries.

the automatic glass door groans as it opens and I proceed to enter. I take a deep breath and sigh. The sweet scent of paper, glue, and newspaper permeates the air. There is a respectful hush that fills the space. People talk in low, monotonous voices. It's so perfect. The sun shines through the windows as i browse the long bookshelves, my fingers gliding along the plastic-encased and paper covers, searching for an intriguing title.

I don't know about you, but going to the library is one of the best things about summer. I know, it makes me sound like a bookworm, but it's true :) I just don't have time to read during the school semesters. (i think that's a little ironic...don't you?) I mean, I'm not a great reader (you won't find me sitting in the house on a lovely summer day reading Old Man and the Sea or Moby Dick or anything like that) But i do love a good book. By the way...Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is pretty amazing :D

my dream library would either be like the one in Beauty and the Beast, or the one in Sense and Sensibility which is filled with old books and atlases.

I love this library :)


Libraries are peculiar places. You can have a HUGE library like the one above, or you can have a small, dusty library like the one in Sense and Sensibility. And you never know what sort of books you'll find there. Sort of like going to a bazaar. I've never been to one, but i can imagine they can be pretty strange. Just like libraries. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post Moriah! You're absolutely right! Libraries are the best. I love how you describe them, very poetic :)

    ReplyDelete